Ethical Purchasing Policy
Ethical Purchasing Policy
It is our policy to purchase goods and services which:
Are produced and delivered under conditions that do not abuse or exploit any persons or the environment.
These considerations will form part of the evaluation and selection criteria for all goods and services purchased by Target Security Group Limited (TSG).
- The purpose of the policy is to promote good labour and environmental standards in the supply chain of goods and services to our clients.
Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Workers have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
Working conditions are safe
- A safe and hygienic working environment shall be provided, bearing in mind the knowledge of the industry and of any specific hazards.
- Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health occurring in the course of work by minimising the causes of hazards in the working environment.
- Workers shall receive regular and recorded health and safety training and training shall be made available for new workers.
Child Labour shall not be used
- There shall be no recruitment or use of child labour.
Living wages are paid
- Wages and benefits paid for a standard working week meet, at a minimum, national legal standards or industry benchmarks, whichever is higher.
- Wages should always be high enough to meet basic needs and to provide some discretionary income.
Working hours are not excessive
- Working hours comply with national laws and benchmark industry standards, whichever affords greater protection.
No discrimination is practised
- There is no discrimination is practised in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination or retirement based on race, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
No inhumane treatment is allowed
- Physical abuse or discipline, the threat of physical abuse, sexual or other harassment and verbal abuse or other forms of intimidation shall be prohibited.
Communisis expects suppliers to:
- Accept responsibility for labour and environmental conditions under which products are made and services provided. This includes all work contracted or sub-contracted and that conducted by home or other out-workers.
- Assign responsibility for implementing the policy to a senior manager.
Both parties will:
- Require the immediate cessation of serious breaches of the policy and if necessary terminate the business relationship.
- Seek to ensure all employees are aware of their rights and involved in the decisions which affect them.
- Avoid discriminating against enterprises in developing countries.
- Recognise official regulation and inspection of workplace standards, and the interests of legitimate trades unions and other representative organisations.
- Seek arbitration in the case of unresolved disputes.